The night before we were scheduled to go in I went to bed about midnight and as soon as I laid down I started having contractions. I was up all night and couldn't sleep because they were regular and strong enough to keep me awake. I was excited that I was going into labor on my own and wouldn't have to be induced that morning-I don't love being induced. It was about 4 a.m. and the contractions were close enough and regular enough that I woke Brent up and got ready to call our friend to come over a little earlier than we had planned. Then the contractions completely stopped. That had never happened to me before so we weren't sure what to do. We decided to just wait and go in at 7 a.m. as scheduled.
September 3, 2008 at 1:34 p.m. Max was born and I became the mother of 5 boys!
My friend, Emily, took the three pictures above (love them!) and the six pictures below. Thank you for everything Emily! It was so great to have you there. I hope it was a good experience for you too!
Max weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. and was 21 inches long.
I was so tired but happy to be holding my sweet baby.
Brent has his basketball team!
I loved my doctor, Gretchen! She was very sweet and supportive throughout my pregnancy.
This is Max in the hospital right before we brought him home. He has already changed so much! He has been such a great baby. The first night he was home we thought we were in for a tough time because he was up all night long. But he figured things out pretty quickly and has been doing awesome at night ever since. Thank goodness-we're too old for all-nighters! He wanted to be held all the time for the first couple of weeks, but little by little is hanging out and going to sleep on his own more. Everyone who sees him says he looks just like our other boys-"just like a Milne". I see a little bit of all of them in him but he seems to have his own little look too. I'll try to get some recent pics of him up soon!


19 comments:
yes, it wasn't official that max was here until you blogged it. now i feel better. all of the pictures are so cute... i am very impressed with the hospital outfit! i can't believe how different he looks already. i bet he is even different from when i saw him a week ago. i hope things are going well and you had a fabulous birthday!
I agree with Emily. He is so cute and the boys are cute holding him. We can hardly wait to see him in 3 days. We love you all!
congrats rachel!!! Max is adorable. I am happy the delivery went well and you are doing good. wow 5 boys, so cool! I wish we lived closer. take care, miss you and look forward to your future posts ;)
Little Max is so cute and have I mentioned he looks JUST LIKE LUKE? Just give it a little time, you're realize I'm right- I usually am. I'm glad to hear he's going to sleep on is own a little better. ugh- those first few weeks are always rough, huh.
oh what a great post!!! i love those milne boys! and you know i loved being there!!! he is a sweet baby and you a sweet momma!love ya!
and you are.....is what i meant, and i am apparently a bad typer!
Has it really been a month? Boy time flies. I have seen so many cute pictures, can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations on all the boys. They will continue to be so much fun. High School... basketball games... dating... missions... weddings... oh what fun. Take it a day at a time. Can't wait to see you more again. =)
you are an amazing brave woman... mom of 5 boys! Love the pictures. So cute.
Hey girl
You know that you are super mom??? Mother of 5...super gorgeous right after delivery too! I love the pics of him as well.....very sweet...congrats and I hope you are adjusting well....miss you!
He is way cute!! How is it that you look beautiful after having a baby? I looked terrible. I am jealous! Cute pictures...thanks for sharing!
Love the pictures! You look great too. We thought 4 boys growing up was a lot... now you beat us both. Way to go!
Max is adorable Rachel! I love all his cute brown hair. Has it turned blonde yet?? I'm sure your boys are having so much fun with him. I wish I could see him in person! Keep posting. We miss you guys terribly!!
Crissie
Hey Girl! Congratulations!! Max is so cute. I REALLY wish I could hold him and give you a big hug. You are an awesome mom (and such a great person). Your boys are lucky little guys! Love you! :)
What a beautiful Milne baby. I see Garrett in him the most. I can't believe you have 5 boys. What a woman you are! I can't wait to meet your little Max. We'll head to the state below us sometime this next year I'm sure.
Looky! Looky! I'm lucky to have ran into your blog. I can't help but think how blessed you will be to witness your boys all dressed up suits. They'll be first class for sure. Have a good one--angilee
I don't know how I missed this post, but I just found it today. He looks like a "chip off the old block". Already you can see some resemblences of the Milne boys in him. I am in love with the picture of all the boys around him at the hospital. What a precious picture and special time. Keep going strong like you always do. You did good.
I love the pictures he is so cute. Can't wait to see him in person. Love ya
Holy cow, I had to stop checking your blog cause you never posted. I was beginning to think you were still prego and didn't want to talk about it, hee hee. Cute baby though and you look awesome!
Yeah, congrats. I have been checking frequently to see this sweet baby and am so glad you finally posted, lol! He is a doll. Glad he is doing well and seems to be a good baby. Good luck and don't take so long to blog again, ha ha!
Post a Comment