I love fall and back to school time-new school supplies (which I bought for my kids even thought they didn't need them), walking to school, the smells of fall and schools, fall decorations, cooler weather, new shoes, new school clothes...
The boys are finshing up their first week of school. Actually, for some bizarre reason, kindergarten here goes on the first day for one hour and then doesn't officially start until the following week! So Luke will "start" school next Tuesday. Try explaining that to a 5 year old who's been looking forward to going to school with his brothers all summer!

Garrett met his teacher and saw his room and where his desk was ahead of time so he was pumped for school. He also has his friend from class last year sitting right next to him-that made him happy!
Eli was complaining about having to do work again. His first day report was that "We had to do work today,Mom! Real work!" Apparently his teacher is also nicer than me and Brent. We're ok with that!
Luke was excited, but confused, that he went for one day and then the boys kept going to school without him. I love that my kids go with no tears and fuss. They are so independent!
Owen was ready to roll and meet his teacher so he was pretty ticked when he didn't have a classroom to go to and a teacher to meet. He lived but continues to "get ready" for school every day and cries when the boys leave without him. "Wait for me guys! Mommy, they didn't wait for me!"
I had a good summer with the boys and did as much as I could with them to make it fun. By the end they were really bored and probably more ready for school than they realized. And I hate to say it, but since the baby's due this first week of school and I was in my 3rd trimester for the whole summer, I was pretty ready for school to start! I just need to breathe for a minute (and try to get the house put back together!) before the baby comes. It is sad and exciting to see them grow and move on each year. The time keeps flying by!
+of+Back+to+school+08+002.jpg)

+of+Back+to+school+08+004.jpg)


+of+Back+to+school+08+005.jpg)


11 comments:
Thanks for these pictures, Rachel.
The boys are so big and so cute. Poor Owen, he has to wait for a while. I am sure he will be loads of help with the baby though.
Hey Rachel
thanks for the comment! how is Utah treating you? How is my little namesake? from our blog you can see my sister (baileys) who also have a boy named luke, 1.5 yr old.
Your kids are getting huge. its gonna be hilarious when, in about 3 years, brent will look like the baby boy of the family!
Darling pictures. I love the "home with mom" sign. So cute.
Wow, the boys are getting big!!! I miss you guys. I hope all goes well with baby's arrival! Love ya!
You are such a cute mom! I love the signs!!!! Are you ready for the big day!!?!?!?!? I am.
Such cute kids! You are a great mom! I wish I could be just like you.
Rach, I hope everything is going good. We had fun with the boy last week or so. If we can do anything let us know.
ok a lot has happened since the first day of school right? why don't you share it with us?! I've heard you have fabulous photos!
love the new header!i want one! help!
I love your new background, you need to show me how to do it. So cute!!!!
Oh my goodness your blog is just so cute! You must have worked long and hard on it, now I can't wait to see updated posts!!
Post a Comment