Monday, October 27, 2008

Date with Garrett

I wanted to go see High School Musical 3 (no mocking-I know you all have seen the first two and will be going to see the third if you haven't already!) so I asked my boys if any of them wanted to go with me. I'm totally ok going to movies by myself, but High School Musical by myself? A little awkward. None of the boys have seen either of the first two, but they've heard of them. All of them said "Ew! No! Disgusting! That movie's for girls!" Brent was relieved. So I asked my friend, Crystal, to go with me with her three girls. Then Garrett decided he wanted to go too!

Some quotes from Garrett during the movie: Halfway through the movie he said-"Hey! Is this movie all about love?" When there was some smooching-"Are they gonna keep doing that?" And when Troy's understuday had to go on-"Alright! Now we're talking!" Gotta love that kid. He even shared popcorn and snuggled with me for the whole movie. He said he liked it, especially the songs. Thanks for going with me bud! I had a great time!

10 comments:

margieandnorm said...

Garrett, you are such a good son to go with your mom.

Lacey said...

what great pictures of the blessing day. Such handsome boys you have. Hey-I took Ally to High School Musical 3 Saturday night and we had a great time. It was cheesy, yes, but I still enjoyed it.

Jessica McFarland said...

That's great. I took my boys and Grant on Saturday. We all loved it. Wouldn't it be great if all these boys loved singing, dancing and musicals.

Kurt and Tami said...

I wish I would have known you wanted to go. I took my boys on Friday. A little more on the lovey-dovey side but at least it had some fun songs.

Loree said...

what fun memories for you and garrett. he cracks me up! what a cute kid you have rachel! love it :) and i LOVE the cute pics of smiley max. what an adorable boy you have! i love when babies learn their first smiles. brightens my day and makes it all worth it!

Emily said...

that is great! i can't believe he decided to go. it sounds like something a little bit more up eli's alley. i am glad that you guys got to spend some quality time together. and of course, his comments are always classic. and honestly didn't the other kids realize that there are awesome snacks at the movies?
and a sidenote-i am boycotting seeing that movie in the theaters. the other 2 were on disney, like they haven't made enough money??

Jessica said...

I am glad to hear that you went to HSM3! We went as a family the other night and loved it! My girls love to sing and dance to the music. Matthew and I were entertained by watching them while they were watching the movie! Sounds like you and Garrett had a great date night!

bonnie said...

How fun, I bet Garrett really enjoyed spending time w/ you. Jon loves it when we have a "date". We are planning on you coming down for Sunday dinner.

Barnes said...

I took Nick--he liked some of it but I think he got a little bored--I liked it though.

Emily said...

i love that he went with you! see.....who needs those overemotional,stink'n girls anyways! and besides, they're so bossy!