On Max's blessing day last week the kids woke us up way too early to tell us that it had snowed! We had to bundle him up because I had gotten him a little romper to be blessed in. Go figure that it snows in early October. But we'll always remember his blessing day because of it.
Max looked handsome in his blessing outfit. I always get a new outfit for each baby but we've used the same blankets with all of them. My mom and dad and Brent's parents came out for the blessing and I could kick myself for not taking a single picture of them with the kids-especially Max. I can't remember the last time the four grandparents were all with us. Our old friends, the Austins came to the blessing, too.
Brent busted out "the suit" to give Max his blessing. My dad, Brent's dad and our friend Wyatt were in the circle. We are grateful all of them could be there. Wyatt has helped bless two of our babies and my dad (who I think has a goal to help bless every grandchild-he has 17 and none of them live in the same state as him or each other) has been there for all but one of ours. We were glad Brent's dad could be there this time, too. Max cried for most of it and was wide awake the rest of the day. He was just passed around for everyone to hold all day and I think he loved not being put down all day!
The boys were so excited for Max to be blessed. Luke had been telling us since we brought Max home, that he needed a blessing. One day I caught him putting his hands on Max's head, closing his eyes and whispering words. Aftewards he said that his blessing was taken care of. At the church when it came time for the real thing, Luke was MIA in the bathroom and missed the whole thing. He was crushed.


13 comments:
what a handsome little guy you have there Rachel. Glad the blessing went well. I love the story about Luke already giving him a blessing. too cute! you look great Rachel. we miss you guys!
You look so pretty Rachel, especially surrounded by 6 boys. I wish I would have been there. I was home sick with the flu or something like it. Sounds like it went well.
i love the outfit! max looks so stinking cute in it! the snow was a little ridiculous, but whatever. i also think in those pictures max looks so much like luke, but with darker hair. what a cute family! i can't believe there are 7 of you!
What a great picture of your family. I love the captured personalities! Max is handsome and I'm glad that you had a good blessing day.
what a special day for you and your family....max is precious.
Wow! You are my hero with those 5 boys! I can tell you love it, even if you are up with Max all night blogging & watching TV. We just had Bruce's blessing & I, too forgot to get any pictures of my parents holding him - or anyone in my family for that matter! Ahh! It's not convenient that they live so far away! Max is adorable, congratulations, you look fabulous!
Congrats on Max's blessing! I love blessing days! Max looks adorable. I love the closeup picture of him. You have a beautiful family! The boy-girl ratio is a little off, but beautiful nonetheless! :)
Crissie
Oh I love that picture with him and his little legs hanging out-he is such a cutie. Love that Luke took care of the blessing for you in advance-looks like you are raising them right! You look so great!
Chad is laughing and totally blown away right now by the pic of Brent in 'the suit'. He wants to know if this suit existed in Arizona b/c he sure NEVER saw it.
I love that Luke gave Max a blessing. So cute. And sad that me missed the real one! Your family is beautiful.
Your family is so striking!! Who is the princess in the middle of all of the princes? You look Fabulous!!
He is such a handsome little guy.
Thanks for inviting us up to spend the day w/ you and your family. We love you guys so much. we had a great time hanging out with all of you. Sweat shop and all!!!!j/k
Post a Comment