Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Harry Potters and Jedis and Cowboys-Oh My! (and one cute little bumble bee)

Here are the obligatory Halloween pictures! My kids are awful about getting their pictures taken and it was made worse because they were so anxious to go trick or treating! We had a good time though. My kids last longer and longer every year. Especially Garrett and Eli-we dropped the younger ones off at home and then kept going. Brent and I-Oops! I meant the kids! -got alot of great candy!

Garrett was Harry Potter


Eli was Obi-Wan Kenobi (or as Owen says Nomi-Kadobe)


Luke was Harry Potter, The Younger (my kids recently discovered Harry Potter and are a little obsessed) Notice the flared nostrils keeping his glasses up!


Owen was a "Mean Cowboy" We told him he was a cute cowboy and he said "No, I'm mean! Stand back!". Then he drew his guns and shot us.

Max was a bumble bee. Buzzz.



It's fun to see how excited the kids get-how much they like to dress up, the parties at school, the candy. It always brings back memories of being a kid. I think it's almost more fun to relive it through our kids' eyes.


Happy Halloween! Until next year...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This...




plus this...




equals this!




Owen's perfectly round head made this a must! It was calling his name. Well, actually Charlie Brown's name...

16 comments:

margieandnorm said...

Rachel, all the boys looked so cute for Halloween. Even the big boy holding the bumble bee. Grandpa and I thought we were seeing the real Harry Potter twice and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The mean cowboy sure looks sweet to us, andthe bumble bee, oh my. Grandpa Garrett's costume was a big hairy moustache. We went to Josh and Mindy's and handed out candy so they could go out in their neighborhood.

Shannon said...

Wow Rachel- you've been busy posting! The Harry Potter costumes turned out so cute-where did you end up picking them up?

Emily said...

i have always thought owen should be charlie brown for halloween. a yellow shirt with a black zigzag would be perfect. but the mean cowboy was so stinking cute. everyone looked so cute and even max was festive!!!

Loree said...

Garrett really does look like Harry Potter! I love it. Too cute Rachel. all your boys are such handsome little guys! glad you had a great halloween :)

Amanda said...

Your boys were so cute on Halloween! I love the Charlie Brown shirt!!

bonnie said...

They look SO cute. It was great having you over last Sunday. Thanks for making the trek down.

Kurt and Tami said...

That shirt is so cute, especially with his little head on it! I have to agree with you, Owen was too cute to be a mean cowboy and I enjoyed the show he put on for me while he was trick or treating.

julie thayne smith said...

Rachel!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, thanks I've been wanting to see your blog forever! Your family is so cute, I really don't know how you do it I have one boy and I can't keep up!!! They all look so cute in their Halloween costumes, good job! Well I'm glad we can keep in touch this way it's so fun to see what everyone's up to- love ya, Julie- ps that's cute you& Garrett went on a date!!!

Wright Family said...

Rach - They look so cute!!! I love the costumes. I bet Halloween is great in Utah right now.

Barnes said...

So stinking cute. That Charlie Brown shirt was a must...he is so cute. Your kids costumes this year were way cute and loved Owen's cowboy get up!! Too cute!

Shill and Company said...

Everybody looked so great for Halloween. Fantastic costumes on very cute boys!

I love the header that you put on here. What a great family photo!

Angela said...

Love the pics of the boys, very cute. Your blog looks great!

julie thayne smith said...

Rachel you're so cute I'd love to see all your little guys in Lake Powell someday!!! Hey I have a question- how did you get the LDS church link on your blog? I've really been wanting to do that and don't know how!!!

Crissie said...

Love the costumes! Especially the Harry Potters! So cute!

Cherene said...

Crissie always steals what I want to say! I LOVE the Harry Potter costumes. Luke is adorable--especially the flared nostrils. :)

Unknown said...

Your boys are so adorable.The two Harry Potters tried to turn me into a wok when I opened the door on halloween. But Lucky for me Obi-Wan, Eli saved. He is so brave. And little lucas with his cowboy boots. Oh how can I ever keep up with the Milnes's'es or whatever. You know what I mean.