Then we went to a kids' summer movie, had Burger King for lunch and opened presents. Brent had mercifully told him he didn't need to wait until he got home from work! Garrett got right to work on his new Star Wars lego set and finished it with absolutely no help in less then an hour. He really is amazing with that kind of stuff.
We went out to eat for his birthday dinner (when asked what he wanted he sang-Red Robin, Yumm!) and he requested a chocolate cake from WalMart for his birthday cake. When we sang to him his whole face lit up. I wish I'd captured it in a picture. It made me get teary eyed. We let him choose every meal and, as you can see, I didn't have to cook a thing all day-nice. The next day he woke up and said his birthday wasn't over yet because we were going swimming that night-that was the activity he had chosen to do for his birthday. He was so happy and I just love how excited kids get on their birthdays. It was a fun, lowkey couple of days.
He is such a special little man and our lives and family would definitely not be the same without him. He is so creative and inventive! We are always amazed by the stuff he comes up with and is able to build. And he keeps life interesting and full of surprises. I am especially grateful for the awesome relationship he has with Brent. They adore each other and really have a special bond that I can't begin to touch. It's been like that since Garrett was tiny. I love that Garrett does things like coming to our bed and asking to snuggle Dad, never me. I think they were meant to be father and son!
We love you tons buddy! You are our favorite Garrett in the whole, wide world!!



8 comments:
Garrett, you had such a wonderful birthday. Love the pictures!
seriously, it would take me all day to put that star wars lego thing together! i like the picture collage at the bottom!!
What a cute post!!! I am glad Garrett had such a wonderful Birthday. I love your collage!!!!
"do you know what i love about garrett?" he is such a great kid! i am glad he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Garret! Time does fly huh? I will always remember having the kids over to "swim" in our backyard back when we were in Parkwood Ward. Great kids! I wish we all lived closer and play some volleyball again, LOL!
Wow! It seems like yesterday that he was going to school for the first time. I miss you and the boys. Are you ready for another one? I feel for you:)
Hi Rachel! Glad to see that your posting again. Sounds like a fun b-day for Garrett. Parker turned 10 on the 6th. The day before his b-day he wrote out a very detailed schedule of exactly how his day would go. B-days are so much fun when you're a kid!! Funny, we had krispy kreme donuts, and a chocolate Walmart cake too!:)
I can't believe you're about to have another baby! I'm sure you are so ready to have him. Make sure you send lots of pictures! Miss you guys lots!!
Crissie
That's so sweet about Brent and Garrett. You are so close now! That baby will be here before you know it. Good book suggestion- The Last Lecture. It's an easy read. If you want, we have a copy you can borrow. Take it to the hospital with you.
Post a Comment