The Olympics rule! Eli was watching men's gymnastics with us and asked if I could sign him up for gymnastics soon. He said all he really needed to learn was how to stick the landing on his cartwheel. He could do a cartwheel, he just couldn't land it very well. I said sure, I'd sign him after soccer was done if he wanted me to. Well, last night we were watching women's gymnastics and he said "Mom. Question. Do girls mostly do gymnastics more than boys?" I told him yah, probably. He asked if I'd already signed him up for gymnastics, I said no, and he said ok nevermind about signing him up.
Eli was also watching the swimming and when they showed the under water view of the flip turns, he said "Hey I can do that! I can do somersaults in the pool and then I just have to push off the wall!" Yep, that's all you have to be able to do to be Michael Phelps! I love how a 7 year old thinks he can do what an Olympian is doing. They have such confidence in themselves! You can do whatever you want Eli! And we'll be there to cheer you on every step of the way!
12 years ago

3 comments:
Yes, I love it! Eli is such a smart little guy. He is so perceptive about the gymnastics.
We will be there to cheer him on no matter what he wants to do.
so cute! eli is a crack up! i love it!
Post a Comment