Eli was standing next to me, looking at my hair and said "Mom, you're starting to get gray hair!" (jokes on you kiddo, I've been getting gray hair for 8 years! hooray for hair color!) And then he said "It looks like you are going through The Phase." I asked what the phase was. Is it possible he had heard about menopause? And excuse me but I'm way too young for that! He told me, "The Phase means you are turning into an old person like grandparents and your mom and dad" Ouch for me. Ouch for my mom and dad. Leave it to Eli to be polite while being brutally honest.
12 years ago

6 comments:
Hey! Cut that out! Dad had gray hair in his 20's. We are not that old, we are just well seasoned.
That kid cracks me up...still. You will also never believe what my word verification for this comment is...graer. HA That is so funny!!
That is hilarious. Remember on St. Patty's Day when Mom said she didn't want to be pinched and he told her that they wouldn't pinch her even if she didn't have on green. And when she asked why, he said because you don't pinch "the elderly!"
Seriously, I love that kid!
Too funny. I just bought my first hair coloring kit. I told Stan that I'm going to wait until my b-day in July to do it so that I can say that I never colored my hair until I was 40. :) It's definitely time...I can't keep pulling them out!
What a funny kid! I am with you, thank goodness for hair color. If it didn't exist, I would be terribly gray. Remember this as well, you and Brent are both younger than me and Chris!
How funny! Gotta love Eli. I hope I'm not phasing already.
Post a Comment