Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Abe Lincoln Day!

In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday (which is today)
I give you a picture of what could, quite possibly be, the largest full body staute of him. 
Ever.
It is on the outskirts of the town where my parents live in "The Land of Lincoln"
(If you don't know which state that is, shame on you!) 
That is Brent and my niece at Lincoln's feet to give you a perspective. 
Try not to be jealous.
This is dedicated to my family for whom this statue is a constant source of amusement.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hahaha! I love it! I am so glad they keep fixing Honest Abe's finger after people shoot it off. Because really what we do without that awesome statue? No really, that thing is ridiculous!

margieandnorm said...

And by the way, it is his index finger, not the middle finger. There are also several chainsaw wooden statues leading up to it. They depict different aspects of Lincoln's life. And of couse, there is miniature golf because we all know that completes a Lincoln exhibition.

bonnie said...

That is awesome!!!

Shannon said...

he looks like he's giving everyone the bird. Love it and I will now make that a goal in life. To see the huge, weird statue of Lincoln in , what state?????

If I didn't know where your parents lived, I really probably wouldn't have known which state...