Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Had just a quick minute...

 I am still on the newborn high
and just loving the newness and the girliness of my baby!
Lucy is now 2 1/2 weeks old and as of Monday weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz.
At this rate she will be a chub in no time! 
She is already working on a double chin and chubbier cheeks
(and apparently infant-male pattern baldness does not apply only to "males")

She finally figured out her days and nights and sleeps alot more than the boys did.
She poops like its going out of style
She has these eyes that look so big on her little face
and when her hair is clean and fluffy and she opens those eyes she looks like a baby bird.
I'm trying to take quiet moments (which are few and far between in this house!) to enjoy her tiny newness
She'll never be this tiny and new again and this phase passes too quickly.
Especially when you know that they grow up fast and
you can't just hold and snuggle them and kiss them to death whenever you want!

On a less sappy note-I can see my ankle bones!
They reappeared about a week and half ago.
You never realize how much you love 'em until they disappear. 
Hello ankle bones!  I have missed you!

I'll post pictures later.
Of Lucy, not my ankles.

5 comments:

Emily said...

aw, she sounds so sweet! they do grow up to fast... makes me so sad! i am glad she is sleeping better than the boys. i hope she keeps it up!

Emily said...

i meant TOO fast. i HATE typos!

margieandnorm said...

I love my girls. They also grew up too fast. And I love my boys too. Rachel, you had very little hair, and when it grew in, it was basically a mohawk, a kind of reddish mohawk. Quite interesting for a little girl. Emily just had blond fuzz forever. Now look at her.

margieandnorm said...

I forgot to say how jealous I am, of your ankles. I think I have permanent cankles.

Angela said...

Such a sweet post. Give her kisses for me.