I have awesome friends! Everywhere I've lived I have been blessed with great friends and, because we never live close to family, I have been especially grateful to these wonderful people who have been like family to us.
My sweet friend came over to my house today with her kids and started cleaning. Just because she wanted to do something nice for me. The kids played and we cleaned and she didn't stop for 2 or 3 hours. I'm overwhelmed by how kind that was.
When we had Lucy, my friend just took my kids and told me not to worry she'd farm them out and take care of everything. And that she did for two days. Friends took turns taking care of my kids and helping out. They visited me at the hospital and oohed and aahed over my baby.
After we had Lucy people brought us meals for a few days. Then friends just kept bringing meals, about 2 a week, for a few weeks after that. Just because they wanted to be helpful.
People have had my kids over to play (Owen's had the rock 'n roll life with playdates multiple times a week), helped with rides, come to visit, popped in to see the baby, and we've receive so many gifts for Lucy from friends, neighbors, Brent's coworkers, and even the kids' teachers. The gifts have definitely been appreciated but I appreciate the gesture even more. The fact that they were thinking of us and went out of their way to be so kind and thoughtful and share our excitement about a new baby.
I used to think I had something to do with having such awesome friends, kinda like I feel like I should take some credit for having such a great husband. I did choose to marry him afterall. But I can't take any credit at all. They are wonderful, selfless, fun, nice, thoughtful people all on their own. It's been like this everywhere we've lived and I'm just luck enough to call them my friends.
So to my sweet friends, old and new, I love you all and thank you for everything you do and have done for me and my family!

4 comments:
Our thanks to all of you also. We are so far away and could not be there for Rachel, Brent and family. We have not even seen Lucy in person yet. We miss them all so much, but know they have been blessed with many good friends. Please know that you are welcome in our home in Charleston, Illinois anytime and if there is any way we can help you from here, just ask.
Rachel's Mom and Dad
Oh My Gosh Rachel and Brent and your house of cute boys!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe you have a girl and a 6th baby! You are amazing!!! We are so happy for you all and hope we can see the sweet little lady Lucy sometime!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU CONGRATS AGAIN!
Julie,Morgan, and Nixon Smith
Rachel, this so took me back 7 months ago when my baby was born. You wrote so beautifully exactly my sentiments then. Truly humbling to be surrounded by so many so willing to serve. I hope I can become more like that.
Rachel YOU AND Brent are amazing. YOU don't think it's a coincidence that where ever you move you find wonderful friends. Its because we LOVE you and your family. YOU are a wonderful friend and in return people love you and are there for you. YOu are awesome and I am honored to be one of your friends! :-)
Post a Comment