When I get busy blogging is the first thing to go. It's been a few months and I didn't know where to begin. So I'm just picking some things that we've done over the past few months. The next few posts might be a random and a little bit of old news but maybe that'll get me back in the swing of things!
Recently Garrett had his 4th grade performance. His sweet teacher knew he loved trains and assigned him a part as a railroad worker. He didn't have to speak or sing by himself, but he had to go stand on a chair in front of everyone and do some actions to the beat and blow his train whistle while he was singing the song. He was the only one with a part for that song and I couldn't believe he did it by himself!
So many kids, parents and teachers came up to us afterwards and told us what a great job Garrett did, including the principal which Garrett thought was pretty cool. We were so pleased at the encouragement and support these sweet people showed Garrett. He is lucky to be surrounded by awesome friends and one heck of an awesome teacher who knew he could step outside of his comfort zone to do this. He initially told her "no thanks" but she persisted and I'm so glad she did! I had no idea that he had a little part (I just knew he needed a costume) and was surprised to see him get up there by himself. So what did I do? Cry of course! And so did his teacher! It was a joy to see him participate with his peers and accomplish something he didn't think he could do.


9 comments:
Long time, no blog! You're not busy with 5 boys are you? I'm seriously impressed that you manage to blog at all! Yay for Garrett!! He looks so cute in his costume. I'm glad I'm not the only sap of a mom to cry at school plays, awards, the drop of a hat...
I seriously teared up just reading about cute Garrett in front of everyone and how proud you must of been. Love that kid
so good to see you have a moment to blog again! we sure miss you guys! give Garrett a pat on the back for me! I love his "costume" too. can't wait to hear more about the Milne family! :)
I'm crying too. Your heart must have felt like it was going to burst out of your chest with pride. Way to go Garrett! And thank heavens for those handful of teachers that make a difference in our childrens lives and that we will never forget.
Garrett, we are so proud of you and wish we could have been there. We love your hat, too. Uncle Aaron had one just like it when he was young. We love you and hope to see you soon.
and what did i do when i read the story... cried too! i bet garrett did an awesome job and i bet he sang perfectly in tune! awesome costume!!
That's just the best!! It's SO great when they decide to be courageous enough to do something out of their comfort zone. I felt the same way at Parker's 4th grade play...and yes, I cried!!
We've missed your updates, but I guess there are more important things than keeping up with blogging!
OH I love it. That is awesome, it sounds like Garrett has a awesome teacher!!!! Way to go Garrett!
That is quite the accomplishment. I think my boys would have passed on it. How cute he is in his costume too. Thank goodness for good teachers.
Post a Comment