Saturday, November 15, 2008

Max-2 Month Update


Max is two months old and I can't believe how big he is! He's been gaining weight like crazy-he was 12lb. 4 oz. at the doctor two weeks ago. He is so alert (meaning always awake!) and cranes his neck to see us when he hears our voices. He smiles and makes little sweet baby noises. He's starting to get a little more vocal and loud. He's already learning how to survive and be heard in this crazy house!

He kicks and waves his arms around and wacks himself in the face alot. He can stuff practically his whole fist in his mouth too! (Our gene pool seems to produce big heads and big mouths) His eyes seem to be staying a dark blue, for now atleast. And he seems to have stopped losing hair-or atleast it's slowed down! Yay! My kids always go bald and I'd love for him to keep some of that dark hair, although I can see the light hair growing in underneath.

Luke is already his favorite brother, probably because he's so attentive. He runs to Max when he's crying and helps feed him. He always tells him about his day and says good morning and good night to him every day. He tells him all the things he's going to do with him when he gets bigger. He even tells him about the food he is eating and how yummy it will be for Max when he gets big and has teeth. And he always introduces "baby Max" to people and tells them he is zero, which cracks me up. Owen also loves to be around Max, I'm just not sure that Max isn't a little scared of Owen!

He loves his carseat. It might be because there are days that he's in it the whole day being dragged around.


He finally isn't screaming every time he gets a bath. Owen helps bathe him and Max just stares at him while Owen talks non-stop.

He's beginning to chub out and I love it! I love squeezing on him and kissing him to death. I think it scares him a little!

I crack up when I look down and see just his little face peeking out from under the carseat cover. I think I would get claustrophobic in something like that.

13 comments:

~B. said...

Aww! He is such a cutie!

Emily said...

oh that sweet baby boy! he is yummy! and great pics!

Lacey said...

Wow 2 months already. He is such a cute boy, just like all of his big brothers.

margieandnorm said...

Kiss his cubs and neck and cheeks for us. We miss him and all of you so much.

Loree said...

max is adorable! You guys make the cutest boys! I love how Luke is Max's best buddy! So sweet! we miss you guys And all those boys :)

Emily said...

i love, love, love all of these pictures. he totally looks so much like luke to me. and he is chubbing out! he looks so happy in all of his pictures. oh and to be honest, owen scares me a bit too!

Rachel M said...

Let's be honest. Owen scares all of us a little. No 2 year old should be able to talk like him!

Jessica said...

Max is super cute!!! I love all of the smiling pictures that you have. You have inspired me to journal about my boy a little more. I'll have to get right on that! Take care!

Maren said...

Oh he is CUTE! Thanks for the update. And the part about Luke being so attentive gave me goosebumps.

Jessica McFarland said...

I love this post. I have to admit I teared up a little with what you said about Luke and Max. I was just feeling like I would be ok if I didn't have another baby and now after seeing these adorable photos and reading your comments I am baby hungry again!!

Angela said...

Haley saw Max's birth announcement and said "that is a cute baby!!!" I agree. Love the post.

Wright Family said...

Rach - I can't believe how fast times flies!!! It was just yesterday that you were telling me that he was born. Anyway, I just realized I did not have you added on my blog. So, you are added now if that is ok??? I had you saved in my favorites, but not on my blog.

Kurt and Tami said...

He is so adorable. I love the picture of him peeking out of the towel. That's so sweet that Luke has such a special bond with him already. I can already tell that Brooklyn adores Jack by the way she looks up at him and smiles. What would our little ones do without their big brothers?