Monday, December 7, 2009

Eli


Eli just turned 9 yesterday. He was sick, I was sick, so he opened presents and we laid on my bed the whole day. No birthday dinner, no birthday cake. He was fine waiting till another day.
Eli has been a sweet boy since the day he was born. Always smiling, always kind. Brent and I wonder how we lucked out with him. He was really just born that way. Every night before he goes to bed he asks if there's anything he can do for me. If I say no he says he knows one thing and then gives me a big hug and a kiss. It melts me every time. He went through a phase (end of first grade through second grade) where he was anti-hug-mom. But he says now that mom's need hugs to make them happy. So smart. He's also thoughtful and a good big brother, pretty responsible, and sensitive to others' feelings.
We love him so much and feel so blessed to have him in our family.

1 day old-look at that hair!

2 months old.
Hair out of control.
For those of you who are horrified that we didn't cut it-no worries.
We buzzed it off a few weeks later.


10 months old

Happy Birthday Eli!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Aww, happy birthday to Eli! He is one of the sweetest little boys I know, and he always has been.

margieandnorm said...

Happy Birthday yesterday, Eli. He sounded pretty chipper for being sick. We love him so much. Grandma Betty always says how polite he is, even when he was really little. I love his sweet smile, too.

Brian & Carina Schimpf said...

aw what a sweet boy! happy birthday eli! i hope my kids are as funny and cute as yours are rachel :) i miss you guys lots!

Stacy said...

I sure do miss that kid (I miss the others too, but I miss he and Katy playing together so nicely).

margieandnorm said...

I love checking this blog everyday(Emily's and Lisa'a too). I love these pictures and I love Eli and all the boys so much. We miss you but were so happy to see you this past summer.

Cluff Family said...

Happy Birthday Eli! Kaylee just turned 9 too. We hope you have lots of friends in Utah and that you keep being sweet to your Mom.

Shannon said...

oh man, that 2-month-old pic is absolutely priceless!!! What a cutie Eli is. You are a lucky mom to have him!