Monday, May 18, 2009

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

First 90 degree day of the year (all of you in AZ can roll eyes now)! And oh happy day, the ice cream truck was found lurking right outside of the school where all kids were sure to see it on their way home from school! Clever ice cream man.
90 degrees+ice cream man+money in their banks=3 happy kiddos
Isn't it awesome what makes a kid's day?
I may just get myself a treat too. You know, just to make sure the ice cream's not poisoned or something.

10 comments:

margieandnorm said...

Hurray for ice cream! I think that you and your siblings could hear an ice-cream truck that was five miles away!

Loree said...

I agree about those tricky ice cream people! Ice Cream makes me happy too!

Emily said...

sweet! that ice cream truck looks brand new too! your kids are so lucky.
the one that comes by these parts is pretty old and scary. it does have the teenage mutant ninja turtles painted on the side so that is a plus. and it plays music that goes along to the fifty states and their capitals from the animaniacs sing-a-long.

Emily said...

oh yeah and to mom's comment--i remember hopping over the fence while she was giving piano lessons to go sneak candy from the ice cream man.

Rasheta Family said...

I remember those days! I was 10 when I moved to a town big enough to have an ice cream truck. It was so awesome for me to see one. And those teeth Eli had pulled are huge!! Proud of Garrett and his part. :)

margieandnorm said...

to Emily: How could you hop over a six foot fence? I could probably find out things you kids did for years and years and not be done.
YRRRRRGH!!!!!!

bonnie said...

my kids can hear the ice cream man miles away as well.

Stacy said...

I think kids have super sonic hearing when it comes to the ice cream man. My kids can hear it a mile away.

Stacy said...

I should have added that I wish they had super sonic hearing when I ask them to clean their rooms.

Jessica McFarland said...

I am glad you finally got to enjoy some heat. Our ice cream trucks are a lot more scary looking than that. Happy Summer!!